When you attach a file to a dropbox, email, or discussion, it is important to keep in mind the type of file you are attaching to it. There are preferred and prohibited file types for MyCourses.
Recommended File Types
The most common file type of files are created in Microsoft Word will either be .docx or .doc. These files are the most accessible by your instructors and are the recommended file type for a document you are submitting to a dropbox. Please keep in mind that if you are using a Mac, you cannot submit a Pages file type.
Downloading Microsoft Office
- If you are a currently enrolled student, you get a free copy of Microsoft Office 2016 for either your PC or Mac computer.
- To download the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PPT, Sway, etc) please see this tutorial: How to download Microsoft Office
- If you have questions or need assistance downloading this software, please contact the Helpdesk at 727-341-4357 or email@example.com.
- If you are using an alternative to Microsoft Office, such as Apple’s Pages software or OpenOffice, Google Docs, LibreOffice, Microsoft Works/WordPerfect, etc., your instructor may be unable to open files that you submit to the course.
- It is recommended that you save all documents you submit to MyCourses using the Rich Text Format (.rtf) or as a .docx or .doc to avoid these compatibility issues. Learn More About Saving as Rich Text Format (.rtf)