While these tips were written for online students, they are just a applicable in the face-to-face classroom environment. These seven steps can help you be a successful online student:
- Log into your class on the first day of the semester and several times a week throughout the term.
- Read your course syllabus so that you are familiar with the course requirements.
- Review course content and add assignment due dates to your personal calendar.
- Watch for news, posts, emails, and other communications from your professor throughout the semester.
- Submit work on time (per the assignment due dates).
- Email your instructor immediately if you have trouble or questions on an assignment OR if you are afraid you won’t meet a deadline.
- Check your grades regularly to know where you stand, but also read the feedback from your professor to help you improve.