Some students are at home in the online community of peers and instructors; others prefer a traditional classroom. Which are you? Online courses reduce scheduling conflicts for students with families, jobs, on-campus classes, and other commitments — but they also require a high level of self-discipline and motivation.
Taking online classes may be right for you if:
- You prefer individualized learning rather than face-to-face lectures or group interaction
- Your personal schedule conflicts with class meeting times at SPC's campuses
- You don’t have child care to allow you to attend classes on a campus
- You don’t live in Pinellas County but would like to attend SPC
- You are homebound and can’t commute to an SPC campus
- Getting transportation to an SPC campus is a challenge
Are you right for Online Learning?
- Comfortable with working independently
- Are persistent at getting the information they need
- Are able to manage their time effectively
- Skilled at using computers and Internet technology
- Self-motivated and directed