This guide will help you troubleshoot issues that you may experience when using Respondus LockDown Browser to take your quizzes/exams.
1. Respondus does not have a phone number to call:
You can put in a technical ticket to receive help.
Click this link to enter a technical ticket with Respondus
2. You can not use a Chromebook or iPad if your quiz is through Pearson - MyLab, MyMathLab.
You will have to use a computer with Windows or MAC OS.
3. You can use a Chromebook or iPad if your quiz/exam is through ALEKS
Click here for instructions on how
You also need to know this information:
Chromebook offers an extension for Chrome. In addition to the extension, you will also need to enable pop-up windows for MyCourses. Chromebooks by default have a security setting that prevents downloading other browsers.
Read More Here
Note: If you have a Chromebook managed by a high-school or third party, you may not be able to install the extension or change your pop-up settings.
4. If you thought you instaled LockDown Browser, but you get stuck in a loop of installation, click here.
4. If you do not have a device to take your quiz/exam, there are options available:
|Learning Resources Contact
Check out a laptop for use in the DT Learning Center (DC 109) or MT Library (JC 120).
Check out a laptop at the information desk on the second floor of the Library (LI 200) for use in the space, or check out a laptop in the STEM Learning Center on the second floor of the SU building (SU 203) for use in the space.
Paul Vermeren (LI)
Thelma Wharton (SU)
Check out a laptop in the Learning Center (TL 104) for use in the space, or use computers 57, 67, or 68 in the space
Check out a laptop at the information desk for use on the second floor of the Library (LI 200)
Please note: Laptops can only be used in the space where they are checked out.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- What is Respondus Lockdown Browser/Respondus Monitor? Quick Start Guide for Students
- Install and Launch LockDown Browser
- Frequently Asked Questions about Respondus LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor
- Troubleshooting Respondus LockDown Browser
- Using a MAC with LockDown Browser
- Using a Chromebook with LockDown Browser
- Using Respondus LockDown Browser with Pearson MyLab
- Stuck in an Install Loop in Respondus LockDown Browser
- Respondus LockDown Browser & Respondus Proctored Monitor Privacy & Security