Your MySPC account and your MyCourses account are linked to each other.
To add your pronouns, you will first add them to your MySPC account. Then, after one day, you will be able to update your MyCourses account to display your pronouns set in MySPC. This guide reviews both processes, they should not take you long to complete.
Step-by-Step 1: Add Pronouns to MySPC:
- Navigate to the SPC Website.
- Click TITANS LOGIN in the top right corner.
- Sign in using your SPC email and password:
- Once you are logged in, hover over the MySPC and Learning Resources tile, select MySPC
- Within MySPC, click the ‘Profile’ tile:
- Once in the ‘Profile’ tile, under ‘Personal Details’, click the "Biographic" tab.
- Once you click the Biographic tab, you will see the words Preferred Pronouns under the field. Click anywhere in the preferred pronouns row.
- A pop-up window will appear on the same page with a dropdown menu of pronouns. Click the drop-down menu to display available pronouns.
First, select your pronouns and then click Save.
- You will see a green bar across the top of the page stating that your information has been updated. Your Pronouns will display under the Preferred Pronouns field.
Step-by-Step 2: Displaying Your Pronouns in MyCourses:
- Once you complete the steps above, you can update your MyCourses account to display your pronouns on your student profile card 24 hours after updating your MySPC.
WAIT 24 HOURS AFTER COMPLETING THE STEPS ABOVE
- In MyCourses, click your profile icon or picture in the top right corner.
- Once your profile options display, click Account Settings
- Under the Pronouns Section (first section on the account settings page) Click the box next to Allow others to see my pronouns. The default will be to display the pronouns you set in MySPC. You will see your pronouns listed at the end of this option.
- Click Save and Close to update your student profile card.
- Your pronouns will display on your Student Profile Card in MyCourses. You and others can see your Profile Card by hovering the mouse over your profile icon when it appears in certain areas of MyCourses such as in discussion boards and when your professor evaluates a dropbox or discussion topic.
Please note that SPC is working with our learning platform provider to enhance the visibility of pronouns for students in MyCourses.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- How to Register for Classes in MySPC
- Accessible: Five Proven Study Strategies
- View My Final Course Grades in MySPC
- Do I Need to Take the FL Civic Exam?
- Add Your Preferred Name to MySPC and MyCourses
- Add Your Pronouns to MySPC and MyCourses
- How do I find my student ID number?
- View my Academic Progress in MySPC
- Access MySPC